Dr. Mahira Tanovic
Dr. Mahira Tanovic, M.D., is a board-certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, with extensive experience in the field of plastic surgery. Dr. Tanovic was trained in all aspects of plastic surgery. She has received her training from some of the leaders in plastic surgery in the US and in Europe. Thus, being fully trained both in Europe and the USA, Dr. Tanovic uniquely combines the two approaches in her practice.
She received her training in general surgery at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. Her plastic surgery training was at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, NY.
Highly regarded by her peers and patients alike, Dr. Tanovic is an extremely skilled surgeon who always remains calm and focused on achieving the best results for her patients. She tailors her approach based on the specific needs of each patient. They are treated in a very personalized and professional manner. Safety and well-being are the main criteria in her decision-making and her planning. Dr. Tanovic is equally comfortable in reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries. In addition, she routinely performs numerous hand procedures.
A happy blend that combines her remarkable surgical skills, outstanding communication skills, unparalleled empathy for the patients, creates a unique, comfortable and personable atmosphere for her patients. As a female, she can relate to most of her patients and their needs.
Although well regarded as a surgeon with outstanding operating skills, Dr. Tanovic also shows a special interest in many of the minimally invasive skin care techniques. She is also very active in training the plastic surgery residents in the Nassau University Medical Center. Dr. Tanovic is a published author and co-author of works in the field of scientific research, as well as in the surgical field.
- Candidate Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member, Medical Society of the State of New York
- Member, Surgical Society of Long Island
- Member, American Medical Association
- North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset
- North Shore University Hospital, Plainview
- North Shore University Hospital, Syosset
- North Shore University Hospital, Forest Hills
- Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow
- St. Joseph Hospital, Bethpage (formerly known as New Island Hospital)